There can’t be any greater expression of love between my girls and our VW than to find that they’ve bejeweled the front of the Peacemobile. Doesn’t she look fabulous!
Happy Weekend Travels!
I don’t frequent Pinterest as much as I did over the holiday, I’m sure to start heading there now that spring has sprung and my garden beds are still empty. I love all the real cool eco gardening ideas, but I don’t know if I’m quite ready yet to have an herb garden on my bicycle.
Hippy Chick’s Nest on Pinterest here
I made these last night using the recipe i found over at The Rawtarian and they we so awesome I had to share, tastes just like a regular brownie but a whole lot healthier.
1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better, cashews even better!)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates to the raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to this raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. By the way, this is actually a raw brownie recipe that keeps its shape! So it can be good for serving to non-raw fooders because the presentation of this raw brownie recipe is good when chilled.
6. Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!
PS: For an even more delightful brownie, serve it with this easy, instant raw chocolate icing.
recipe via rawtarian
Microbus Ball-A piece of art by Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top fame.
He took a vw microbus and made it into a VW ball.
That has to be the coolest sculpture I have ever seen!
If you’ve never heard of the Hangout Music Festival or just never had the chance to come down, this year is going to be another to remember. Last year Paul Simon top my list along with Michael Franti who can make you get up and dance on the worst of days or the hottest, the temperatures on the beach can reach into the mid 90′s but it hasn’t stopped this Hippy, I’m going back for my third year of fun, music and sun.
The line up for the sold out weekend is:
This is the only kind of stache you’ll find me with there. I’m pretty squeaky these days.
Their gift shop is crazy, so you just might catch this driving down the road on our peacemobile.
This gallery contains 4 photos.
Image via HERE 1963 Microbus image via HERE Image via HERE Happy Weekend!